Pulled Turkey-Pig

One of the main problems that I have here is the meat most of what I get from Class 1 supply is precooked and I don't trust the sanitation of local meat. About the only meat that comes in raw is Turkey Thigh Roast (netted) when I first got here it was not in a box just in a crovac bag sitting on the shelf in the freezer. I was told that it was Turkey but some thought that it was a pork roast so I started calling it Turkey-Pig.

You most likely have had Pulled pork or Smoked Beef Brisket at some BBQ house or even Barbacoa at the Local Mexican Restaurant. I have only see Beef, Chicken, and Pork, never Turkey. I have been making Pulled Turkey-Pig here in Iraq twice a month for the last 6 Months. Every time I make it I run out. It is a really big hit among the guys here. Sometime I add barbeque sauce. Wish I had the right ingredients to make it from scratch here. The Bbq sauce that I made at DFAC 5030 would go great with this. Roast Red Pepper AÏoli goes great with this.

Pulled Turkey-Pig
Makes 96 – 4 ounce servings

24 pounds Turkey Thigh Roast netted
3 litters Coca-Cola
1 litter Water

Remove Nett from Turkey Roast, place in 5 gallon pot add Coca-Cola and water cook on medium heat covered, for six hours. Remove meat from pot and place in pan and pull using two forks. Serve on hamburger buns.

Per Serving: 152 Calories; 5g Fat (30.5% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 78mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meats

No comments: