Chicken Noodle Soup

With the cold weather, there is nothing better than a good cup of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. Since I do not always have chicken stock on hand, I will just open a can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodles soup, the soldiers here like lot of noodles with a small amount of broth. The best thing about homemade soup is you can be creative when making. For this recipe if you like a lot of broth cut the amount in half, if you were to double the amount you would make Chicken Noodle Casserole. A problem that you will have when making a noodle soup: the noodle will continue to soak of the cooking liquid for the 30 – 45 minutes after the pasta is Al-dente [ahl-DEN-tay]. This will change base on type, shape and/or brand of pasta.

As you are experimenting with making soup feel free to change the recipe base on what you have on hand and /or who will be eating the soup. When I am cooking I rarely use a recipe and if I do I use it as a guideline. Always taste the food throughout the cooking process and add what you think it needs. I find when I am not sure if it need anything, I just leave it alone usually if I end up adding something, it destroy the flavor. Only add something it you feel it needs it this is where you will learn to trust your Instinct, asking for someone else opinion will help you gain confidents in your ability.

Have fun SOUP’S ON!


Chicken Noodle Soup

3 Gallons Chicken Stock
6 cups Carrots, diced
3 cups Celery, diced
2 cups Onions, small diced
3 Roasted Chickens, pulled
6 cups Corn, can or frozen
1 tablespoons Black Pepper
1 tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper
3 Tablespoons Salt
½ Tablespoons Garlic Powder
¼ cup Soy Sauce
¼ cup Lemon Juice
20 ounces Pasta, egg noodles

Add the entire list, except the pasta, into a 5 gallon pot, simmer for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until the carrots are Al-dente.

Add the pasta and cook till Al-dente. Adjust the seasoning to taste. Enjoy

No comments: