Banana Pancakes


Music is a must have in the kitchen. Having a good upbeat song makes the time goes by faster. Especially when you are: slicing, dicing and chopping 30 – 50 pounds of food. One Day with the I-pod on shuffle Jack Johnsons’ Banana Pancakes Song came on. He is singing this song to his lady. I like the part where he sings:


Baby, you hardly even notice
When I try to show you this
Song is meant to keep you
From doing what you're supposed to.
Waking up too early
Maybe we can sleep in
I'll make you banana pancakes
Pretend like it's the weekend now

I started to think of home wishing I was with my lady eating some Banana Pancakes with her and I can say to her


Really don't mind the breakfast
'cause you're my little lady
Lady, lady, love me
'cause I love to lay here lazy
We could close the curtains
Pretend like there's no world outside

Really missing home now and craving Banana pancakes. When I was coming up with this recipe I did not have any cinnamon, so I used a brown sugar and cinnamon instant oatmeal packet. They were so good that I had to share it with everyone here. So that you can make banana pancakes for your baby.

I decided to make banana pancake for everyone here but when you are cooking for a small army the oatmeal packet will not do, so I used Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats instead. I really like the over appearance and tektite with the Rolled Oats. One night for BRINNER that what you call the meal when you have Breakfast for Dinner, I made Banana Pancakes. The Solders and I think that Brinner is the best meal out of them all. Everyone here just loved The Banana Pancakes. Now I know that when I get home, I can make my lady the best banana pancake.



BANANA, OATMEAL, WHEAT & HONEY PANCAKES
Makes 60 – 5 inch pancakes

4 ½ cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
9 cups Krusteaz Wheat & Honey Pancake Mix
½ cup Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Cinnamon
2.75 litters Banana Flavored Milk
8 Bananas, whole

Blend dry ingredients with milk with wire whip, adding water gradually

Dice the Bananas and stir into mixture

Pour batter onto lightly greased, preheated 365- 375 griddle

Cook banana pancakes 80 – 90 seconds per side. Turn only once.

Per Serving:126 Calories; 1g Fat (10.2% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 163mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

No comments: